As early as 1956 the first version of the ‘recommendation on the Transport of Dangerous Goods’ prepared by the United National was published. In its nineteenth session in 1996 a very detailed set of criteria for classification and labeling of dangerous good were released. The main regulations are;
- IMDG Code is the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code
- ICAO Technical instructions published by the International Civil Aviation Organization
- ADR European agreement concerning the International carriage of Dangerous Goods by road
- RID International carriage of dangerous goods by rail
- ADN European transport by inland waterways etc.
They are similar to ADR because they all have packaging, documentation, classification and labeling of dangerous goods in common so it was harmonized internationally, but with some mode-specific requirements. For more detail watch this space or contact us at email@example.com